This error recently occurred at a customer site when they were inserting a new record into External Contact. This can occur when the ITSM meta-data for a table is out of synch with the table structure. First ensure it is not a caching issue – Force clear cache definitions from Admin and restart IIS. If problem persists and it is reporting the column name then you can add the column manually to the table in SQL.
I recently had a situation where 3 database deletes happened with no one taking ownership of having done the deletes. Some important things that you should back up are:
- The Master database.
- The log folder for that instance of MSSQL. It contains some trace files (extension trc), the SQL event log files and the SQL error logs.
- All of the windows event logs
The following is an excerpt from a longer article, entitled ‘Does the ITIL® Framework Need a Facelift?’ by Malcolm Fry.
Malcolm believes the framework is an excellent tool, and his comments are not meant to be a criticism but an encouragement to improve.
The eternal problem for the ITIL framework has always been to remain relevant mainly because of the speed of change. For example, few of those involved with the ITIL framework would have had a tablet when the framework was last refreshed in 2011. The iPhone® and iPad® devices came to consumers in June 2007 and April 2010, but who could have predicted, rather than guessed, the impact these technologies would have on consumers? Relevancy could be achieved by having a subscription and issuing updates in the form of new and supplementary segments or by using online technology services. This will always be an issue but can be minimised if approached constructively.
This is our new blog. Welcome to the site !!!
We custom develop ling of business applications for many businesses throughout South Africa. We focus on application development and integration and build everything with the latest .NET technology.
We also resell products for Service Management and CRM. Some of our products are MS CRM and HEAT.
- About Think Tank
- AD Account Control
- Business Analysis and Design
- Business Intelligence
- Business Service Management
- Capitec Bank
- Confirm Subscription
- Contact Us
- Demo Request
- Development Technologies
- Follow Up Request
- Higher Education IT Service Management Success Stories
- Home Page Demo
- IT Service Management
- Ivanti Patch for SCCM
- Ivanti Security Controls
- Ivanti Security Controls Trial
- Ivanti Service Manager
- Learn More – Patch for SCCM
- Learn More: Ivanti Security Contols
- Meet the Team
- Patch for SCCM Trial
- Professional Services
- Project Management
- Retail Industry IT Service Management Success Stories
- Service Desk Optimisation Day
- Skype for Business Connector
- Software Development
- Success Stories
- Super Group
- Terms and Conditions
- Texsend – SMS Portal
- Thank You Cambridge University Case Study
- Thank You Capitec Case study
- Thank You Think Tank Ebook
- Thank You Total Wines Case Study
- Think Tank About Us Ebook Form
- Think Tank Integration Services
- Think Tank Software Solutions – Texsend
- Timesheet Calculator
- Training Services
- TTIS – Active Directory Account Control
- TTIS – Calendar Integrator
- TTIS – Skype for Business Connector
- Welcome to Think Tank
- Workflow Automation